Activities and outings
At Evergreen Happy Village our leisure and wellbeing team have designed an extensive range of programs, events, outings and activities that stimulate the mind, body and spirit and make our residents feel at home. Residents’ wishes and interests are always considered when we regularly develop and review the activities program.
It is important that Evergreen Happy Village residents are involved with the local community. We offers a wide range of activities and social programs to residents with this in mind, such as:
- Intergenerational programs involving primary and secondary school students. Activities include planning programs for the residents for the older children and life stories for the younger children.
- Regular concerts and performances conducted by local and visiting musical/performance groups
- Regular wheelchair bus tours to picturesque local destinations where residents can take advantage of the fresh air.
- Lunches at local establishments along the Barvi Dam an Barvi river
- Men only outings
- Special interest group day trips
- Special event celebrations including Mother’s/father’s day, Indian Independence Day, Republic Day, Christmas concerts, Charitable days such as biggest morning tea and cultural celebrations for all denominations
- Once a year fete/family and friends day.
Evergreen Happy Village also offers a wide range of in-house activities and membership to interesting and exciting groups. These include:
- Film screenings in our state-of-the-art theatrette
- Art and craft activities
- Carpet bowls and Bocce
- Physio gym
- Cognitive programs including quizzes and crosswords
- Sensory programs including the use of a Snoezelen Therapy (Relaxation sensory)
- Gentle exercise
- Musical groups
- Poetry and Short Stories
- Garden club
- Cooking group
- Darts and Hookey
- Men’s group
- Book club
- Pet therapy
- Morning and evening dementia specific activities
Nutrition and Cuisine
Our in-house chef ensures that at Evergreen Happy Village, breakfast, lunch and dinner are lavish affairs for all tastes. Our in-house dietician regularly reviews the nutrition and hydration requirements of all residents to ensure optimum health.
Evergreen Happy Village caters to all dietary requirements including low salt, vegetarian and diabetic.
As well as offering fresh, seasonal cuisine, residents are able to enjoy the BBQ and entertaining areas as well as the sheltered and secluded gardens.
Medical suite and personalised doctor
At Evergreen Happy Village we can arrange for well-regarded doctors to visit you in your room. Alternately, you can have your own physician visit our premises.
Together with a team of physiotherapy assistants, our in-house physiotherapist assesses all residents and establishes specific programs to meet individual needs. Programs range from those promoting mobility to those requiring rehabilitation.
In-house hair and beauty services
Our in-house hairdresser is available daily by appointment. Other services include:
- Beauty therapy
In house maintenance team
Evergreen Happy Village’s full-time in-house maintenance team look after the grounds and all aspects of the building and essential services to ensure the facility retains its pristine condition.
At Evergreen Happy Village, our residents’ daily needs are conveniently met, with a shopping centre, pharmacy, medical centre, post office and bus and railway stations just a short distance away.
Evergreen Happy Village’s unique architectural design caters to our residents’ lifestyle and social requirements with facilities including:
- Tranquil courtyards featuring a sculpture fountain, a citrus grove, and a meditative reflecting pool
- Activities room/gymnasium
- Library/computer room
- Small communal living spaces for private social gatherings
- Private dining room for birthdays and functions
- Secure doors and camera security systems ensuring residents’ safety
- In-house commercial laundry